Friday 21 August 2015

Rotating timelapse Images in bulk & converting to AVI using ImageMagic

CD to your folder  eg.

TERMINAL

cd Desktop/camera/



Make a bash script. My images are upside down so I need the rotation 180% using ImageMagic's convert.


TERMINAL


for file in *.jpg; do convert $file -rotate 180 rotated-$file; done


This script takes files all files (* wildcard) within the folder that are jpg format and rotates them 180 degrees. It then renames the file by adding a "rotated-" to the start of the file name.

I just remove the unrotated jpg's cos I'm lazy then

TERMINAL

ls *.jpg > stills.txt


List all jpg files and send that down a pipe to a text file called stills.txt

I can then use memcoder (if installed) to convert the timelapse pictures to a short avi video

mencoder -nosound -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:aspect=16/9:vbitrate=8000000 -vf scale=1920:1080 -o timelapse.avi -mf type=jpeg:fps=24 mf://@stills.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment